Monday 1 September 2014

Forgotten Favourites






So I have been a bit MIA recently and I am not going to bore you with my excuses but it seems work and my degree got the better of me. Anyway I am hopefully back and kicking things off with some old favourites that I have rediscovered through a recent re-organisation/clear out!


Clarisionic Mia in Pink
For the past six months or so I have had real problems with flakey skin on my nose and I just couldn't get rid of it no matter what I tried. The other day I found my Clarisonic in the back of my draw and decided to give it another go, since I did love it so much (luckily I had a new brush head too, don't worry!).

Lets just say, bye bye flaky skin! I used this with a creamy cleanser and low and behold my skin was as soft as a babies bottom, cue me introducing it back into my routine.

Note I only use it 2-3 times a week as I do think it would be too harsh for everyday use. Creamy/balmy cleansers work best for me as they don't dry it out at all, my favourite at the moment is Superdrugs Hot Cloth Cleanser or Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel.

For some reason I was thinking to myself, every time I went to pick out a powder, that it didn't do anything and oh boy how wrong I was. 

This particular colour is used to brighten the face and reduce redness, two claims I truly believe it does. Even though I have extremely oily skin and usually need a powder to keep my foundation on but I can sacrifice this for the look it gives.  

I always pop in on last, in the middle of my face, to brighten and cancel out my rosy cheeks, if you suffer with either of this problems then you need to get involved in this!

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Since having more of a tan (thanks St Tropez Express) I went back to my slightly darker shade of LS and I have fallen head over heels again. For some reason when I was using my paler shade it just wasn't staying on and it wouldn't cover up a lot, so I don't know what's going on there, I may have got a dodgy batch, boo.. Anyway, the real LS is just stunning, covers the perfect amount, gives me this glow that no other foundation manages without looking greasy and it stays on all day, with a little powder midday.

So it serves me right for leaving these to collect dust in my drawer but now I suggest you go have a good root through your collection - you will be surprised!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment