Sunday 3 November 2013

Tom Ford Shade And Illuminate


My first dabble into this luxurious brand and oh man its a good one...


When my colleague said she was jetting off to Switzerland and taking a wander through Terminal 5 on her way I knew I had to try something from Tom Ford, especially when it was going to be tax free.

I was flicking between this and the gigantic bronzer, but this product came with two in one, so it was worth the large price tag, right? Plus look at that packaging, it also comes with a suede pouch *drool*



This is a cream product and includes one bronze shade to use under your cheekbones, temples and down your nose, giving your face a bit of definition my face is chubby, I need it and a bit of colour at the same time. The highlighter shade is a very sheer, emollient product which gives a beautiful, yet natural sheen to the skin.

I used this for the first time this morning and blended it all in with the Real Techniques Contour Brush but I am eyeing up the NARS Kabuki Artisan Ita Brush, has anyone used that? Anyway it blended seamlessly and looks more natural as a contour than a bronzer would as it doesn't have a strong orange undertone to it. I then topped my cheekbones with the highlighter and when it caught the light it looked lovely, with no glitter just how I like it.

This lasted all day for me but I sometimes add a bit of Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder on top if I am going to be out for a while, just to increase longevity.

Overall, a beautiful product to have in your collection if you have some pennies to spend, or get it at duty free where mine was £10 cheaper!

Now I have dipped my toe, I want to dive right in to Tom Ford's beauty range, what do I need next?

No comments:

Post a Comment