Tuesday 12 November 2013

Clarins The Essentials Eye Palette



I have never been one to wear eyeshadow and only started dabbling in the last few weeks. Going in to Debenhams wanting the Naked 2 and being told it was sold out left me browsing other counters in the lookout for my first eyeshadow palette..



My aunty spotted this after I showed her the UD palettes and called me over to have a little look. It was love at first sight and quickly grabbed one and took it to the till, I must admit I was so excited to get home and try out some eye looks I opened it in the car and started swatching it, oohing and ahhing.
























Clarins The Essentials £35 here

This palette comes with 10 shades, all very neutral and leaning to the cooler side I would say, with the exception of a few. It contains matte, satin and shimmer shades (I love a bit of shimmer!) ranging from a creamy vanilla to a shimmery greyish brown. This is limited edition, but Escentual seem to have lots in stock, plus it is a bargain of a price at £35!

I usually use the first shade as a base for all the looks and add whatever colour I feel like on that day to the crease using a MAC 217 and blending it all out. The pigment is great and they can definitely be built up to create a more dramatic smokey eye for the evening. I do pair my eyeshadows with Urban Decay Primer Potion but I have such oily eyelids I have to do this with every shadow I use.

As you can probably tell I am a bit of an eyeshadow noob, but this palette has really got me into wearing more than just mascara and I am now finding myself going straight to the 'eye' section of the beauty sites to up my deprived shadow collection!

What other neutral palettes do I need? Urban Decay Naked's?

2 comments:

  1. This palette looks really nice, I have seen it in at clarins but didn't have time to stop. I have to have a look again, I love a neutral palette!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, just what you need for lots of different eye looks! Definitely want to get the UD Naked's to see how they compare now!

      Delete