Wednesday 30 October 2013

Space NK Haulin'


Space NK is one of favourite places to peruse, full of gorgeous make up, hair products, skincare, you name it, they have it and it is definitely my weakness.

Last week they did a great promotion where if you spent £40 you got £10 off amaaaaazing so of course I had to use it, twice...

Becca Ever Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer 
Wow what a mouthful! Described as a silicone free primer that perfects the face, minimizing pores and mattifying even the most oily skin it sounded right up my street. Now I would say you need very oily skin to use this as it is super matte and dries within seconds of squeezing it out of the tube (which takes a lot of force). It is perfect to use the places you get very oily but not as an all over primer as it can affect your foundation if used in the wrong way making it a bit bobbly and streaky. However I can confirm this does completely mattify my greasy face and helps my foundation last a lot longer, but I am not sure if I like it more than the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, just yet..

Oribe Foundation Mist
This is an all round product in my opinion, used on wet hair to prime, detangle, condition and protect against heat. I was in the market for a new heat protectant and after using a few other Oribe products I popped this in my basket and looked forward to trying it out. Now, the only issue I have with this is the smell, I don't know what it is but I just don't like it! It tames frizz and keeps my hair in good health as I do like to blow dry it a lot, a good base product for your hair.

Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Tansoleil
I was a little disappointed when I received this as it looked TINY compared to the old packaging and I am not sure if they have decreased the amount, anyone know? Apart from the initial shock I used this yesterday and it is beautiful, a very peachy pinky cream blush which as the name suggests does give a lovely glow to the cheeks. I love to apply this with my Real Techniques duo fiber Contour Brush as it picks up just the right amount to give a nice flush of colour. I may give it a go on the lips too and let you know how that goes!

Hourglass Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronze Duo in Bronze Light
After I ordered this I wasn't sure if I would like it as the bronzer looked very orange online and it does look pretty orange in the pan but I find if you use this to warm up the face by placing it around the edges in a '3' shape it looks lovely. The highlighter is very sheer but gives a beautiful sheen to the tops of your cheeks and underneath the eyebrows, plus as it is creme to powder plus it is wax and oil free I find it lasts all day especially if set lightly with a finishing powder.

I am constantly updating my Space NK wish list, what else should I add?

1 comment: