Monday 28 October 2013

Nail Varnish Helpers


My nails are a bit unruly to say the least, they are very dry, break easily and flake off nice plus nail varnish lasts awfully, in come the nail helpers...



OPI Nail Envy Original
My nails love this stuff, I don't know how it does it but it makes them rock hard as opposed to their usual flimsy state. If I use this long enough and follow the correct directions two coats for the first day and then one every day after then I see a huge difference in the growth and flakiness of my nails. I usually slap this on heavily every few days when I remove my nail varnish to give them a breather and it really gives them the bit of nourishment they need. Check out the link for a great deal on both OPI products!

CND Stickey Base Coat
I had never really used a base coat before I painted my nails so as I was browsing Cult Beauty looking for an extra item to pop in my basket so I could get free delivery tight arse I came across this and thought why not? I have heard other bloggers raving about it and they aren't wrong, it really adheres the nail varnish and keeps me chip free for a good 4/5 days, which is amazzzinngg for my nails! Apparently this keeps Chanel polish chip free too but I am yet to try out that theory, can anyone confirm?

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
This is my second bottle, which definitely shows I like it! I am always sceptical about using this as the warnings are a bit scary but I guess if it was that damaging they wouldn't sell it, if I am wrong please do correct me and advise me on an alternative though, I am eyeing up the Dior Gel Top Coat! The formulation of this is very thick and gel like and dries your varnish veeery quickly. It also increases the wear time for me to about 4/5 days when paired with the above base coat - without it, it still lasts a good 3/4 days.

OPI Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil
I ordered this along with the Nail Envy as they came in a great pack together, I do like this and it nourishes my cuticles very nicely however it doesn't seem to help out the dry bits around the edges and the tops (anyone know what I am on about?) so if you have a recommendation for that please let me know! But for a quick, after nail painting session oil, it is great and really neatens up my cuticles if I can't be bothered to remove them. I would recommend this if you don't have extremely dry cuticles/nails as you may need something that packs a bit more punch.

What are your favourites?

1 comment:

  1. I like seche vite! I want to try an opi topcoat but not sure which one x

    ReplyDelete