Sunday 27 October 2013

Elle's Topshop GWP


I only realised my love for Elle magazine about a month ago and luckily they were running an awesome gift with purchase at the same time *squeal*. I managed to snap up a 12 month subscription with Elle and a Topshop make up gift set including the following...



The Magic Liner in Engraved
This black, felt tip liner liner has a great shaped nib, perfect for creating a quick cat-eye especially for eyeliner noobs like me. Lasts all day on my oily eyelids and doesn't do that annoying transfer above your eye.

Lipstick in Charmed
I would say Topshop lipsticks are definitely among my favourite formulas, a slightly satin finish, creamy and long lasting, plus their colour range is gorgeous! This colour is a true orangey, coral and would look great with a tan, which I am lacking at the moment...

Glow Highlighter in Gleam
This highlighter is lovely and creamy but slightly glittery in the sunlight so use a light hand! It has an almost peachy colour to it so it would be great on warmer skin tones, think Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I haven't worn this all day so I couldn't comment on lasting power but it seems to cling to the skin pretty well, I will report back!

Nail Varnish in AWOL
A b-e-a-utiful electric blue which surprisingly goes with a lot! The brush on this is short and fat, perfect for doing each nail in one sweep and the formulation is very opaque, lasting me a good 4/5 days with a good base coat and top coat - keep your eyes peeled to find out which ones.

Matte Bronzer in Mohawk
Probably my favourite of the bunch, a surprisingly nice contour shade as it is very 'un-orange' (technical terms there) so great to sweep under the cheekbones and onto the temples to give the illusion of a slimmer face yes please. As it is matte is is perfect for this job and lasts all day on my skin, nice one Topshop!

Unfortunately I don't think this GWP is available anymore but I wanted to review the products for you as Topshop make up is definitely up there in terms of quality, what are your favourite picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment